Warm months in Smithville means more time outside and more wear and tear on your lawn and garden. Insects, weeds, pets, and company all add to your garden not being as appealing as it once was. Fear not! Packs Hardware has the know how, products, and experience to get your grass from run-down to wonderful in no time.
Lawn Care Year Round
While most of us only think of our Smithville lawn and garden in the summer months, regular upkeep through the year helps keep your yard looking greener and your garden vibrant.
- Starting in the fall, bushes and plants need to be pruned, sprinklers should be emptied, and grass should be fertilized for the last time.
- Winter in Smithville is strightforward, once it freezes, let your grass be. If you maintained it in the fall, it’s resting until warmer weather!
- With the warm up of spring comes the first mow of the year, beginning starter plants indoors, and the plans of outside improvements.
- Summer months in Smithville means consistant feedings, planting started flowers and vegetables, cutting your grass higher, (so it doesn’t brown as easily,) and seeding any areas that are worn.
Maintaining your Smithville lawn and garden means tools. And tools are just like your lawn, they need to be cared for too.
- Emptying the gas out of your power tools at the end of summer will help limit old fuel from wercking the motor and will prevent expensive repairs. (This goes for oil as well, change old oil at the end of the summer season.)
- Gardening tools need care too. Keeping your pruning shears, shovels, and other gardening tools sharpened and free of rust will avoid damage or rot to your plants.
Keeping Pests at Bay
Your garden provides the ideal scenic backdrop for gatherings throughout the summer, until that first mosquito bite or accidental step on a prickly weed happens. Don’t stress, we’ll help you avoid the never-ending itch of biting bugs and the pain of not-so-nice plants.
- Spraying or spreading for weeds, crabgrass, and biting insects should be done at the beginning of the warmer months and depending on what kind of defense is used, every 2 to 6 weeks afterwards.
- To keep you and your pets safe when using insecticides or herbicides, always read the product labels
Everyone usually likes summer and the heart it brings to our outdoor spaces. If you are looking for the best products to keep your Smithville lawn and garden
green, happy, and worry-free, Packs Hardware is your go-to place.